Monday, May 5, 2014

Day 211: Unexpected Laughter

Oukhd 1st, 4288: 211 Days in the Mortal Realm

I just realized today that in 17 days Isaac and I will need to be at the mine near Podunk. I mentioned that to Isaac. He suggested asking if they could meet us here. I reminded him that I had lost my feather tokens. He then pulled out his and said he could activate it. And so Isaac sent a message to her saying, “Meet us in Rehm. How soon can you get there?” and before letting it go adds, “Isaac’s alive.”
Laughter erupted from me at the thought of Cortanna receiving her message. I know if I thought a comrade was dead only to hear months later that they’re alive, I’d be ecstatic! How I wish I could see her reaction.
It felt really good to laugh so hard. It really set the tone for the day too. The city was large but only a few job openings. Isaac and I ended up taking a security position at the warehouses. It’ll be at night, but at least I have Isaac to work with me, meaning twice the pay for the both of us. We were one step closer to being independent of Raæin.
That night I mentioned to Raæin how I planned on getting my own place in the future. To that Carl mentioned that he had a retirement savings and would be more than happy to get a place. In all honesty it just felt like I was going from one place to the other, being dependant on someone, but my goal was to not need Raæin. Carl’s help would certainly let me reach that goal and so we agreed to find a place tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment