Sunday, September 22, 2013

Day 29: The Full Moon pt. 1


Dhroo 4rd, 4288: 29 Days in the mortal realm

I don’t know why I’m choosing to write first before sleep. It has been a bit of a long night. We just teleported to Isaac’s home in Podunk, but I guess I felt obligated to jot down the extent of this day since we discovered Jessica is in control of her shifting.
As we headed toward Podunk, knowing the full moon was nigh, it seemed like a good idea to visit the sinkhole. We figured it would be a safe place  for her (and us) to shift and have her moment of wildness, before continuing on our way. We arrived at the sinkhole yesterday and with the full moon being the following night (today) we felt it would be wise to lower Jessica down just in case.
Sure enough, Jessica didn’t shift. We remained at the sinkhole since tonight was officially the full moon. Once twilight began to set in, we put Jessica down into the sinkhole again. Rekka had given Jessica one of her red gems this night so she could report to us sooner if she hadn't shifted versus sleeping alone in the whole another night. I watched for the moon as we waited. It was full and beautiful as it rose to it's full height. We all listened to see if we could hear the change. After a bit Jessica announced that she had it under control. We all looked at each other, wondering if it was sane for us to bring her up early. We gave her another 30 minutes before lowering a rope down for her.
With Jessica back and very much herself, Isaac suggested that we teleported to his place in Podunk. It would be far enough outside of town that no one should notice our arrival, especially if there was anything amidst in town. It had been about 2-3 weeks since last being there and who was to say the Goblins kept their word and were honest about their character? However, as nice of an idea as it was, there was one problem. 7 of us, a wagon and 3 horses. There was too much for Isaac to teleport in one go. Brier then began to stomp about, pointing at my head with one of her hooves. I looked at her, confused by display.
“What is she doing?” I asked.
“She hasn’t been able to talk since going in the circle of good,” Cortanna answered. I had noticed during the trek from Sardik that Brier hadn't said a word. I looked back at the beast in disguise and decided to have some fun. I was pretty sure then, as she kept gesturing to my head, that she was wanting my circlet.
“Well Brier,” I began, “Do you need something?” Brier stomped a hoof once. “Can you talk?” Brier gave me a great incredulous look and stomped a hoof twice. I almost laughed with the way Brier must have thought I was daft, but I maintained my impassive face. At least I knew how she'd answer my yes or no questions.
“Seeing that you pointing at my head, are you wanting me circlet?” Yes “To turn into something?” I toyed. Yes. I then pushed it further and decided to guess what she wanted to be,  “A Pegasus?” No, “Great Eagle?” No, “Flying Unicorn?” NO! Brier shook her head clearly exasperated, while making some horse grunts. She then got on her hind legs and attempted to walk.
“Oh, a person?” YES! she nickered at me.
I then took my circlet off and placed in on Brier. Instantly she transformed into a human.
“About time!” she said not out of malice, but with that same presumption that I was daft.
“Well, why not use your glimmer to disguise as a human?” Isaac asked.
“Because I can only disguise myself as a horse," she answered, "Now that I'm a human, I can help carry things to make this in one trip."
Sure enough, Brier had some insane strength. She was able to lift the wagon, while the rest of us got into a bag of holding. I don't know exactly how we teleported, but soon enough, the five of us that were in the bag were climbing back out of it. Isaac’s place was right before us. It was past midnight from the looks of the moon, so we began to prepare for sleep. Rekka took Isaac’s bed once more while the rest of us got set up in Rekka's tent. I actually find it odd that Isaac has a bed. He hasn't slept the entire trip. He and Billy were our scouts at night while the rest of us slept.
Anyways, just got my circlet back from Brier. She and Cortanna had a chat about something... Brier looked sad, her face was streaked with blood tears. I can only assume that it's a demon horse thing.
Final note for the night, Isaac just poked his head in. Sounds like he and Billy are going to go walk into town, just to see if there was anything that'd suggest things were amidst.


✻   ✻   ✻   ✻   ✻


No comments:

Post a Comment