Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Day 44: Another Group of Adventurers Off Doing Adventurous Things.

Previous Entry

Dhroo 19th, 4288: 44 Days in the mortal realm


It has been 5 days since the time in the caverns. After the first full day out, I noticed I felt incredibly good. It was as though I was living in the Kingdom, where good health abounded. I looked at the ring and knew it was because of it that I felt so healthy. I still had to eat and what not which was slightly unfortunate considering our rations were getting low.
Anyways, as we traveled to Lupik, we came across a caravan. It was a good sided group, there looking to be at least 15 folk, all camped for the day. Upon seeing us, the people of this caravan were overly eager to come out and greet us.
“Travelers! How are you?” One called out. He approached us, hand extended to shake ours. Part of me was apprehensive about such a friendly fellow. Was there an ulterior motive to this man and those in his party? 
“Where might you all be headed?” the man asked, "I'm Harris by the way."
“Hi Harris, I'm Isaac. We're headed to Lupik,” Isaac responded, "What about all of you?” he asked in return.
“Oh. We are followers of 6 adventurers who are currently exploring a Dwarven ruins. The entrance it just over there. The 6 are Janice Chopplin, a Barbarian; Florence Nightingale our Cleric; Charlie who’s a wizard; Hachav our valiant Fighter; Robin, our Ranger who is quite excellent in his archery skills like a Ranger should be; and… Soap,” Harris listed off. It seemed about much of him to have told us. The man paused, giving us an appraising look, “We have grand stories to tell of our Adventurers. Perhaps you would like to stay the night in our group and enjoy a meal on us? You all seem like you could use a bit of rest.”
It was a very kind offer and though my modest self would have rather declined it, I couldn’t sense any guile.
“Sure, I think that would be smart on our parts. Thank you for your kindness,” I said.
“Do we really have time to spare?” Cortanna whispered behind me.
“We are low on rations for those of you who need to eat,” Isaac added. We squabbled a little bit more before being interrupted.
“Yes, you shall stay. You are all weary from your travels and are bickering over a mountain that in actuality is just an ant hill,” Harris said. To this the others came over and gave us a warm welcoming. A hot meal was in our hands in the matter of minutes and soon we were being told all the regaling tales of these Adventurers. We were having such a grand time that we figured we’d hang around until these Adventurers came back from the ruins.


No comments:

Post a Comment